Sunday, January 23, 2011

maco-nut

Lately I've been feeling like I need to bake something every week. This week it was white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.






1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 (6.5 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.

Enjoy these babies. They are delishhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candace they look soooo good! I'm not a fan of macadamia nuts though so if I decide to make it I think I'll leave em out. -Russ

Anonymous said...

these look yummy! i've been baking a lot lately too because its too cold to get outside and now some of my clothes dont fit so well anymore...time to take a break...maybe after I try this recipe :P

fashionableroad.blogspot.com