Tuesday, September 21, 2010

apple of my eye p. 2

I found a yummy recipe for some of my apples! Two apples gone, 50 more to get rid of. Oh boy.

P.S. I was going to take a picture of the inside, but I totally forgot once I started devouring it.

APPLE DUMPLINGS



1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
a good sprinkle of pecans (optional!)


1.Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.

2.In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. If you wish, sprinkle tops of dumplings with pecans. I did (as you can see!) and it was so yummy! Serve warm.

No comments: